<body background="black"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/503845783081788469?origin\x3dhttps://sumoninjaturtle.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Profile

cs
15(18/02/94)
Child of God
Coheir with Christ
Slave of righteousness

Archives

March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
October 2012
Links

Amelia
Candy
Estelle
Gloria
Karen
Karyne (deadblog)
Lincoln LIM
Natali
Nicole
Nikki
Ruiliang
SAM!
Yu Long
Zul
eXDee!
Tell me if you wanna be linked :D

Tagboard

Thursday, May 14, 2009
Er, here's my ERP essay.
I have until tomorrow midnight to edit it. So talk to me on msn if you have any comments kay! THANKS
Btw, It's supposed to be a personal narrative. So i'm not quite sure if I did it right :X
4a)


I sat down in front of the computer getting ready to write my essay. It was simply entitled ‘punishments’. However, I knew that word was encased with a much deeper meaning. What exactly was its purpose? I recalled…

“Ring!” the recess bell rang. I felt as if the atmosphere in the class had lightened by a fold.

“Hey Cheng Sin, are you coming with us?” my classmates asked.

“I’ll find you in the canteen once I finish packing up.” I neatly stacked my worksheets as I declined their offer.

Being in class 6/1, my classroom was the last classroom down the corridor, however, our standard was quite the contrary. “There.” I thought to myself as I placed the last piece of my worksheets into my neatly arranged schoolbag and left the class for recess.

I walked down as the classrooms passed by me. I counted. “6/2, 6/3, 6/4…” even though the numbers were increasing, my perception of the class decreased. The school arranges students into classes according to their grades and I knew that the standard of each class was getting worse and worse as I continued walking.

Nearing the end of the corridor, I began hearing a voice. The voice became more audible and I could sense a hinge of irritation and tiredness.

“How many times do I have to tell you to do your homework? Can’t you put more effort in your work? Do you want to clean toilets when you grow up?”

It came to me automatically that a student in class 6/10 did not do his homework again. “As usual” I smirked to myself. Being a typical nosy Singaporean, I peered into the classroom to see what punishment the student was receiving this time. A usual sight of him having to copy lines. The boy just went on copying his lines while the teacher continued ‘educating’ him.

I was very tempted to walk in and have a chat with his teacher.

Wasn’t she tired of doing this every single day? What is the point of punishing him if he will never change? He’s already in the last class, there’s no hope for him.
However, my stomach beckoned and I walked off for recess.

I started typing out my essay. Looking back, I realized that I had made a few assumptions. Punishment was a mean to correct the wrongs of the student. Or was it? If punishment did not help change the attitude of the student, then why keep implementing punishments if they do not “correct the wrongs of the student”.

I cleared the thought out of my mind; it did not matter to me as it felt so far away.


Comments. please and thankyou =)

CS™ at 2:46 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com