|
Profile 15(18/02/94) Child of God Coheir with Christ Slave of righteousness
Archives April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 October 2012 Links Candy Estelle Gloria Karen Karyne (deadblog) Lincoln LIM Natali Nicole Nikki Ruiliang SAM! Yu Long Zul eXDee! Tell me if you wanna be linked :D
Tagboard
| Monday, May 16, 2011
hur reading instead of studying during prep 'Professor Van Tassel,' she said, employing my surname, which I took to be a bad omen, 'I know that an offer of marriage is not easily tendered.' (Oh, but it was, I so wanted to say; and perhaps she sensed this, for she held up her hand to stay my speech.) 'But neither can such an offer, if it is sincere, be easily accepted,' she continued. 'And so you must allow me time to think about this so that I can make an honest and clear decision.' 'I'll call in two days,' I said, eager to mark the boundaries of this decision-making. 'No, let it be a week before we see each other again. I need time to contemplate my future.' 'You wish leisure to think,' I said. 'Not leisure, Professor Van Tassel. But time for meditation. I cannot make such a momentous decision in a hurry.' 'Shall I speak to your uncle?' 'Not at this time.' 'Please,' I said, unable to keep the desperation from my voice, 'don't take too much time. I doubt I'll have a restful night until I hear from you.' And I think that naked confession moved her somewhat, for she nodded - not in amusement or with pity, but with true sympathy, an emotion to which, I would shortly discover, Etna Bliss had ready and ample access. CS™ at 12:36 PM
|